Wednesday, May 18, 2011

t.h.r.e.e.

Happy Birthday to my little stinker butt.
My cute little baby boy is not a baby boy anymore.
He is t.h.r.e.e. years old. 
I can't even believe it. But at the same time, I can hardly even remember life without him.
He is my everything.

Here's some things about him...
Matix says:
(M=Matix A=Ashley) 
 
-M: "I'm sick, mom"
  A: "I'm sorry"
  M: "You didn't make me sick"

- (Justin Bieber came on the radio)
  M:"Mom can we listen to a kids song?"
  A: "This is a kids song"
  M: "No it's not, it's for girls"

- A: "Can I have another hug?"
  M: "Of course, I love hugging you"

- A: "Thanks for being my most favoritest"
  M: "What?"
  A: "What?"
  M: "I said what first!!"

-M: "I want the music loud"
  A:  "No"
  M: " Oh, mama knows best, and we can't make it loud?"
  A: "Exactly"
(referencing the Tangled song, "Mama Knows Best")

-M: "Ellen Badangerous is my favorite show!!"
      fast forward...Selena Gomez is the guest that day
  M: "Oh mom, she's so beautiful. She looks just like you
  A: "Oh really? How?"
  M: "Well, you have brown hair, and she has brown hair. You both are beautiful"

- A: "Can I snuggle you like a baby?"
  M: "But I'm not a baby"
  A:  "You're my baby"
  M: "But I peed in the toilet!!"

- M: "Mom, I'm sick. My tummy hurts. I think I need a birthday party to make it feel better!"


Matix Does:
 
-He is obsessed with all things dinosaurs. He prefers the scary kind that "roar."
-He is obsessed with watching Netflix on my computer. I've created a monster.
-He no longer wears diapers, but he's still not "potty trained." He's really good at holding it until I make him go potty. We rarely have accidents. But I wish he would tell me when it's time. Same with #2, except we have more of those accidents. He hates going #2. But he is improving.
-He is really proud of his dinosaur underwear.
-He is starting preschool in the fall! We are so excited.
-He and my dad butt heads a lot more nowadays. Matix always claims that "he is teasing him."
-Grandpa likes to tease him that they have the same birthday. This does not make Matix very happy. I'm sure that one day he will love sharing a birthday with his papa. :)
-I've noticed that he always talks in full sentences. He hardly ever doesn't. Like when I ask if he wants something, he responds, "No, I'm fine" instead of with a simple "No."
-He loves rock music. And he likes it loud and rocks out.
-He is going on a road trip to Texas next week, to visit his aunt and cousin, for two weeks. (With his Grandma Downer) I am dreading him being gone for so long. But he is excited. I hope the car ride goes well for them. 

I hope he has the happiest day on his birthday!
(I don't get to see him, because his father forgot that it was my year, and made plans. I'm so nice....)

1 comment:

Jason, Casey and Zuri Coutts said...

Matix is so BIG!

PS. I updated my blog:)