Sunday, May 8, 2011

mother's day.


I can't even begin to tell you how much being a mother to this sweet little boy means to me. I love him more than I ever thought possible. I wasn't exactly ready for motherhood...at all. In fact, it turned my world upside down. But looking back, I wouldn't change it for the world. Matix is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Maybe I'm not doing everything perfect, and I know I make a lot of mistakes, but I do what works for us, right now. And Matix is a cute, healthy, and sweet little boy....so I must be doing an okay job. I can admit that I am a little bit of a selfish person, but not when it comes to Matix. I will get out of bed because he's thirsty, wake up in the middle of the night when he has a bad dream, share a bowl of my most favorite ice cream, and will spend my money on a cute new outfit for him, instead of on myself....but I don't even notice. He's my little buddy, and I would do anything just to make sure he has whatever he needs. I feel like we are more like pals than anything else. I really hope it stays that way. I hope he stays my best little friend as he continues to grow up. I tell him that the Taylor Swift song "Never Grow Up" is my Matix song. He loves to listen to it and during the chorus he says...."...But mom, I wanna grow up"...every time, without fail. He just melts my little heart.   I know that things will change, especially when I start having more kids and life gets a little more stressful..but for now, he's just my best friend...who sometimes drives me absolutely crazy....but in all the right ways.


 For Mother's Day, Matix woke up bright and early to snuggle me in my bed at 6 a.m....but before falling back to sleep he gave me a big hug and tells me that I'm the best mom in the whole world. What a perfect way to start such a perfect day. He told me happy mother's day all day long, and made me a cute little "giftcard" (as he called it) in nursery. My dad, brother, Doug, and Matix made an amazing meal for us girls, along with a couple of single ladies in my parents ward. Steak, potatoes, lobster tails, salad, and cherry cake was on the menu....YUMMY. Then it was naptime and the rest of the family came over to hang out for the rest of the evening. What a perfect little day. 




 I also am grateful for my mom and all she does for my little family. She's the best. 

1 comment:

Darci Buhl said...

You're such a cute mom! Matix is lucky to have you. I can't believe that you've been a mom for 3 years already!!! How crazy is that??!

And ps, you are brave to borrow 1,300 shoes. With my luck they'd get ruined and I'd have to see one of my kids to pay for them.