Monday, May 23, 2011

weekend recap.

Weekends come and go so quickly around here. It seems like every weekend is jam packed with so many fun things to do....and then I blink and it's time to go to work again on Monday. This weekend was no exception, except that I wish I had a little more time to snuggle Matix. He is leaving in a few days for Texas for two weeks, and I am getting nervous. I am going to miss the crap out of him. It's a good thing I have a couple more days before that dreaded goodbye....


1.) Kelli's graduation: I was the chosen one to be Kelli's date to her graduation from The College of Southern Nevada-Sonography Program. It was a pinning ceremony at Bahama Breeze, which meant one thing...free food. Oh yeah. Her mom was pretty sad that I was the chosen one, so I ate extra food in her honor. :) Plus I don't think her mom would have appreciated learning what her nickname in the class was...."The credit card machine."...or seeing her classmate pull down his pants as he walked across the stage. It would have been a proud parent moment for sure. I'm glad I was there instead, and I'm sure Kelli agrees. :)
I'm so proud of my Kell Kell. She has worked so hard, and is such a good little mom! I know first hand how hard going to school with a kid is...and Kelli has done a great job at balancing things. Now if only she could land herself a sweet job...Who am I kidding...if only I could land myself a sweet job....Geeezaaaa.

2.) Cousin Cami's Baby Shower:  It was seriously over-the-top amazing. I forgot I had my camera until the end, so I didnt take any pictures, but it was so cute. I'm sure pictures will surface somewhere. I loved seeing old friends, but mostly my favorite California cousins who came in town. Crazy to think Tanner is going to be a dad. :)
...And the kids loved the cotton candy we brought home with us.
3.) Wedding: With the besties. Beautiful weather, steak, potatoes, breadsticks, salad and desserts were on the menu, and my best friends....who could ask for more? Love these girls.

4.) Luke's Birthday Party: We hosted a (last minute) party for our friend Luke! Sunday after church me and my friends made the best cake you have ever seen....to surprise him. We are such great friends, I know.

Yes. It was a poop cake. And yes, that is a butt pooping in the corner. And yes, I wish it was my very own idea to create this masterpiece, but Brandon deserves all the credit. I did come up with the wording, however. Isn't it lovely? Luke said it was the best present he ever received! Mission: Accomplished. If you know Luke, you know that it was perfect for him. We had a great time playing the rest of the night.  


Don't you wish your weekends were as exciting as mine????

2 comments:

Jason, Casey and Zuri Coutts said...

LOVE your melt job, and that delicious looking cake! I thought of you today...I booked a trip to Alaska and thought you should come:)

Kelli said...

Thanks for coming with me best friend. :) That cake is disgusting. . . but totally Luke.