Monday, May 16, 2011

recently:

Oh, man do I do a lot of fun things with my boy. 
Some may think that I spoil him, which I guess I do.
But in my defense, being a mom of one, and living with my parents, and only having him 4 days a week, makes it a little easier, a lot more manageable, and a ton of fun. :)
I have 3 days a week to get things done, go on dates, and have "me" time. 
Then the weekends, I try to do stuff for the little guy. 
It makes our time together that much better. 

Here's some of the things we've done lately:

-Horseback riding at Uncle Glen's house (again)
The weather is perfect right now. (most days) so it's the perfect time to take the horses for a spin. We went with my sister Stephanie, and invited the Buhl's along too. It was so much fun. Goldie (the light horse) is pretty old, and super mellow, so Matix can ride him all by himself. He was loving it until all of a sudden we see Goldie take off pretty fast into her corral, with Matix holding on for dear life, screaming for help. I got him off comforted him, and then made him face his fear and get back on, with me this time. He did and had a smile back on his face in a few minutes. I asked him why Goldie started going so fast and he replied, 
"I just told her to giddy-up and kicked her like this." 
I about died laughing.
Another plus about uncle Glen's house, in addition to the horses and chickens, is getting to see grandma and grandpa Marx. They are getting old, so it's always fun to spend a little bit of time with them. :)


-Sesame Street Live
My  friend let me know about a deal where you could get tickets to Sesame Street Live at The Cox Pavilion for free! (we had to pay for the service charge only) So for me and Matix to go it was only $9. Score. I can't think of a funner way to spend my Saturday morning :) Matix was so excited. We don't watch Sesame Street much, actually I don't think I've ever turned it on for him....but he sure knew all the characters. He must watch it at his dad's house. Surprisingly our seats were right next to an old friend of mine from my high school days, Eric and his son Cohen. What are the odds?!? Matix was mesmerized by the characters, and especially loved when they would come up the aisles and greet us. Since it was a special mommy/matix date, I spoiled him with popcorn and cotton candy, which brought a smile to his face as well. 

-Lunch with the Besties
(Stephanie and Cana)
Matix requested rice and chicken and shrimp....So where did we go!!?!? 
That's right China Town....where else? haha. He loved it!

-Gone to the Dentist
That's right, my child is old enough to go the dentist. It was kind of more of a mock appointment to get him used to the idea, and he did really good. I'm so proud of him. Dr. Reynolds counted all of his teeth, and he has all the ones he's supposed to have...10 on top and 10 on bottom, and they looked very healthy. That's what I like to hear :) Plus he got to pick out a new toothbrush and toothpaste and floss.



2 comments:

Emily said...

that horse story totally made me laugh! and i have to say my boys would have loved to have seen sesame street live. that show is one of our favs!

Kelli said...

How come I wasn't invited? Looks like it was a lot of fun. It was funny to hear the story from Matix. . . he is such a cutie. What is that in his hand at the dentist?