Monday, January 9, 2012

my dear acquaintance, a happy new year.

I decided to ring in the new year with great friends and great acquaintances in orange county, california. 
I can't think of a more appropriate way to say goodbye to 2011 and hello to 2012 than with a couple of my best best friends, a couple hundred...or thousand fellow mormons, in the place that might as well have become my second home this past year. It was perfect.

Me and one of my dear friends, Jaron (aka Jay-Baby), headed down to Huntington Beach Friday after work. First on the list of things to do was eat (TK) of course, and then see Josh's new pad. We spent the rest of the night hot tubbing with the homies and ended the night watching a movie at Ryan's house that I just napped through, naturally. 

Saturday Jaron had some work to attend to so I headed back to Huntington to have a "fanny pack friend day" with Josh. We went on a bike ride down the beach with his cute friend Emily, ate tacos, and then played Dr. Mario with Nephi. Such a perfect day. 

Saturday Night was New Years's Eve. We went to a ginormous party at Dave and Buster's that the church put on. Seriously, it was huge. (I heard 2700 people came. I believe it) And so fun. We danced. Got new year's kisses. Socialized. And then when it was over....we continued dancing at an after party til like 530 am. If this is any indication of what 2012 has in store....Bring it. 

Sunday we slept in, obviously, and went to breakfast with the besties Zach and Steph (which is where we stayed. I'm so lucky to have such great best friends who always open their house to me and my friends) I absolutely love spending time with them. I hung with them the majority of the day and that evening headed to a little bonfire on 17th with Josh and his friends again. We even snuck in time to say hi to one of my good friends from high school at Mama D's in newport. She was there in her Christmas onesie pajamas complete with a butt flap. I just adore her. 

Monday we finished off some work business for jay-baby, and then headed to Knott's Berry Farm. Our group consisted of Me, Jaron, Josh, Stephanie, Jansen and Jevan. It was a blast...except for the fact that Xcellerator's line was 3.5 hours long. So we were forced to pass. We hit up all the best rides, and thoroughly enjoyed watching the middle school PDA. Not. But it was still super duper fun.

We picked up some fellow Vegans who needed a ride back home. (Don't worry we knew them) And headed back to the 702 around 8 pm. Along the way we got a phone call from another guy who the girls knew that was stranded with a broken down car just outside of Barstow. Being the good Samaritans that we are...of course we picked him up and got real cozy the rest of the way home. Our vacation that started just the two of us, ended with a whole new assortment of people. That's what it's all about, my friends.

I had so much fun spending so much fun with some of the best people in my life. 
Cheers to a happy, happy new year.


Fanny Pack Friend Day


My cute NYE kiss. Love Korbs.
I had fun running into my cute cousin at the party. Right after 12 am hit!
Me and my partner in crime, Jay-Baby
Joshy Poo and Me
 (and Nephi's sexy face)


Randomly ran into Steve!
Apparently our shirley temples got to us...Here's to 2102!! haha
(In our defense, Robin told us it was correct. Idiot)

Our friend Tadd! and Me and Robin.
Josh hit his head on a table. Way to start the new year out with a bang. Literally.

My hs friend Michelle.

Ryan and I at the bonfire

We ran out of wood...so we got creative.















Josh's life is a constant strugg. He go stuck in the roller coaster, literally. And then he hurt his back. The attendant wanted to send him to first aid. He looked that ridiculous.
The End.

No comments: