Thursday, January 12, 2012

weekend recap

Since I spent last weekend away from Matix, I decided to make this weekend all about my little boy. Not to mention Saturday was his dad's birthday and since he had to work and couldn't hang out with Matix...we were basically obligated to celebrate without him. 

Here's what we did:
Friday night we went to Panda Express for dinner. He picked. I paid. What a fun little date. The worker even recognized Matix. That's how much he loves Panda. 

After 3 bedtime stories and lots of snuggling, Matix was asleep by 7:45 so I was off to a bonfire some kids in town were putting on. They burn everyone's Christmas trees at the ultimate bonfire every year. It was a good time. Then we ended the night dancing our butts off at Zowie Bowie.
Kristine, Christy, Jessie, Tifani, Me, Jordan, Rebecca, Leah, Lindsey, David

Saturday we went on a little double date with Kelli and Dylan to the bowling alley. Matix was so excited. He told me all morning that he couldn't wait because he had never been bowling before. Apparently he forgot about this. haha. Cute kid. Both boys did super well. I don't remember who won..but I'm pretty positive it was Dylan. He has quite the bowling experience. :) 



On our way home from bowling we decided it would be fun to see what my sister's family was up to. We ate lunch, hung out, and playyed Just Dance 3 with Ethan and Kennedy. I actually had a blast dancing my butt of with an 8, 6, and 3 year old. I'm cool.

Then it was time to head home to eat dinner and get ready for 80's Skate Night with my friends. It's been a few years since my last skating experience and we all know that it is imperative to get a good skate in every so often...So skate we did. I found the best leotard that was my moms, complete with puffy sleeves and wore a fanny pack and my sweet new skate socks to get me in the spirit. I felt pretty good about my 80's outfit....until Becca showed up. She was definitely the cool girl that every guy wanted...and I...was not. haha. Dang it. Matix was so excited, until he actually got on the rink and realized "skating is much harder than it looks." That was a direct quote. We were the first ones there so the first lap was just me and him. He caught eye of another little girl who had two adults holding each of her hands to help...and says "I think I need two mom's." Oh my gosh. I laughed so hard. After a few video games and a visit to the snack bar more of my friends had arrived and he was ready to hit the floor "with two moms!" What a difference it made. He constantly improved with every lap and even skated all by him self for a while, with some occasional help from the wall. It was a sad moment when we had to leave but he is already making plans to return to the skating rink asap. What a fun night we had! :)


Glade, Becca, Matix, Allison, Lindsey, Rebecca, Me



Please love that you can see my leotard hole. So hot. 


What a fun, fun weekend. 

No comments: