Tuesday, April 26, 2011

easter festivities.


Our Easter festivities started with our Annual Family Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday. The whole family came over for dinner, dying eggs, and of course, the hunt. Our family is getting so stinkin' big that any family gathering becomes such a big ordeal. (12 adults including two significant others and 13 kids including two step-grand-kids that hardly come to family functions) Luckily my dad's infamous "garage" is framed, so it was the perfect place to host the chaos.(More on the garage to come...)
We sure appreciate all the hard work my mom puts into such fun family activities. Thanks mom. 

Easter Morning:
I had to wake Matix up at 8 o'clock to see what the Easter Bunny had brought him. Lately Matix has become quite the night owl, and prefers later nights and sleeping in. Silly kid. It took a few minutes for him to wake up and then he was off to find his basket. The Easter Bunny wasn't so nice this year, and hid it under the living room couch pillows! That silly rabbit. ;)

In his basket was a ton of candy, Mighty Beans (he's been wanting for a while now), A new Book of Mormon church book, and some dinosaur figurines. The dinosaurs are definitely his favorite. This kid is obsessed with dinosaurs. They go everywhere with him...eat breakfast, church, playtime, and even get tucked into bed with him. :)
  

Then it was off to church. I let Matix come to church with me and Dougy, because it was a special occasion. Plus there was an easter treat "munch and mingle" after. Of course he loved coming. And so did my friends. And he looked so super handsome in his new Easter suit.  

On a sidenote: As I was getting ready for church I was listening to my favorite church song, "Oh Lord, My Redeemer," hoping that they would have a musical number of it because it is the perfect easter song. And then I get to church, and bam, and special musical number with that song. It made my day.  

Our Dinosaur Rawrrrr!
After church we had our traditional ham and potato Easter dinner. Took extra long Sunday naps. Visited the Eells house to say goodbye to Audrey before she leaves for AZ. Then it was off to bed...with our dinosaurs, of course.
 

It was a Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Chels Allred said...

matix's suit is super fly. total stud.

Megan said...

so cute ash