Friday, April 15, 2011

embarrassed.

Oh how I love my little boy. Oh how I love my little boy. Oh how I love my little boy.

This is what I have to keep repeating to myself after nights like last night. 

My good friend Katie, asked if me and Matix wanted to hang out on Thursday night, earlier last week. Of course we said yes, but then at the last minute she remembered she had to go to one of those house party things where they get you to buy some super great product. In this case it was cleaning stuff, and it was her sister in law, so she really felt like she should go . Totally understandable. So she asked if we would just come with...so we did. Her sister in law has a few kids so Matix just played with the little boy upstairs. He came down to go potty and I was super happy about it!  Go Matix. And then....a little while later I started to smell something. Oh no it could not be Matix. We had just gone to the bathroom and i know that he would not go #2 in his underwear at a house where we have no extra clothes and don't know ANYBODY (except Katie). He would never....

...But he did. Of course he did. 

Oh well, not a big deal. I took him back to the bathroom and we cleaned everything up. I'm not super happy, but it's not that big of a deal. It happens, right? That is until we go to flush the specimens. Everything goes down....but the water comes up. And it keeps coming up...and it does not stop. I freak out and open the top and try to make it stop and then water sprays everywhere. Matix runs out into the family room (half naked let me remind you) and I follow. The ladies shriek "peepee alert" and then I say "the toilet is flooding and I can't make it stop!" At this point I am beyond mortified. I can not even tell you. Then we we get back to the bathroom, turn off the water (duh...I'm so dumb!) and look at the HUGE mess I made in this poor ladies house-that i do not even know! Seriously an inch or more of water filled the entire bathroom and all the way down the hallway! And there stands a half naked Matix. I literally could have died.

The lady was so super nice and she had a wet vac in the garage so we got to work. I apologize and apologize and tell her to get back to her party but she refuses. Seriously...this was her party and she's cleaning up our mess. I could not believe that this was really happening. She said they had just moved in and hadn't really used that bathroom much, so it probably was a problem with the toilet. That made me feel a little bit better, but still. 

After our little episode was over, and all was cleaned up. I walk back out and offer to buy some of the products they were selling. It's the least I could do, right? I'm not much of a cleaner...but good thing mother's day is coming up, right?!?! haha

It was basically one of the most humiliating nights of my life. 
But Matix sure loved calling and telling everyone about how 
he went poop in his pants and then he made the toilet flood!

Oh how I love my little boy. Oh how I love my little boy. Oh how I love my little boy.

No comments: