Thursday, April 14, 2011

So what if I'm a crybaby...

I have been anxiously anticipating the release of this movie...



Since Doug is a surfer, I basically convinced him that it's going to be the best movie in the entire world.
It's about the girl who got attacked by a shark a few years back. I totally remember when it happened. I was a senior in high school and would read all the teen magazines about the story. I think it is seriously the most inspiring story. The movie was seriously so good. It really makes you not feel so bad about your situations because this poor girl lost her ENTIRE arm, and less than a month after the attack she was back in the water trying to surf again. She has since won national titles, with one arm. Talk about beating the odds and being freaking awesome. I basically have decided that she is my hero and that I should be more like her. Needless to say me (and Doug) both shed a few tears during the movie. (Okay, so I basically cried through out the entire thing. They were mostly happy tears.) Everyone should go see it. You will be inspired.
And on a side note:

This movie comes out later this year sometime...we saw the trailer before Soul Surfer came on...and I may or may not have cried through the entire trailer too. It basically is a new version of Free Willy (kinda). And since Free Willy is basically my favorite movie ever, I can't wait to watch this. It looks so good. It's about a Dolphin that loses it's tale in a crab trap, and has to have a prosthetic appendage made and be taught how to swim again. What can I say, I'm a sucker for ocean movies. 

See...I do have a place in my heart for animals...just not a place in my house. ;)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I've been wanted to see Soul Surfer, too!! Ahh since I saw it in a trailor from another movie way back. I actually tried just last night to convince Jeff to see it with me and he said, "Um, that's a movie for you and your girlfriends." So annoying! Now I just want to see it even more. And Carrie Underwood acting? Um I'm already obsessed with the movie. I'm glad to hear it was so good!