Wednesday, April 13, 2011

bunny love.

I am not an animal person. I don't hate them, but I don't love them either.
Well actually let's just say I love them from a distance. 
I will pet them. Or love on them, especially when they are little.
But I just think that owning one is a different story, and a burden I am not interested in having right now.

Anyways, my child is the biggest animal person I know. 
He is fearless when it comes to touching, holding, or riding animals. 
(See HERE, HERE, or HERE.)
Well, fortunately for me, Matix's dad is also an animal lover. 
It really is perfect, because he supplies the pets, and I don't have to. :)
A couple of weeks ago, Matix's dad decided to get him another pet. 
(in addition to the dog that he already has, Dexter)

Meet Flipper and Pepper...
Flipper is Matix's.
Pepper is his aunt Mariah's.

Matix feeds them. Takes them to the park. And holds them. 
He always is telling me about his baby bunny and all the things they do together.
He sure loves his new little friends.

Well, today when I asked how "Flipper" was, he tells me.....

"Flipper died. I cried. But he is in heaven now."

I was so confused. He has only had him about two weeks. What the heck?
So Jon gets on the phone and tells me that Matix let D-E-X-T-E-R in the house, and he found Flipper....and well...you can imagine how that ended....
How sad!

My heart hurts for Matix and his recent loss. I mean...he cried!
Poor little guy. 
RIP Flipper...you were a good friend.

**Clarification: Matix did not see the bunny get killed. Nor does he know that Dexter did the killing..hence the spelling out of his name. He is still a 2 year old :) **

No comments: