Tuesday, April 5, 2011

that time i lost my son.

This past weekend I got word that there was a $5 off coupon for Tangled, our new favorite movie...so of course we headed straight to Target to get our hands on a copy. My sister had been to 4 different stored in NLV before she found one in stock--the movie is that good! We head straight to the movie section and snag the last copy...aghhhh...lucky for us. Matix held onto that thing the entire rest of the visit. Before we checked out I wanted to check out the clearance racks for little boy clothes--always a must. Matix was being so cute and was in such a good little mood that we were just playing around while we shopped. It turned into a mini game of hide-and-seek...Matix's absolute favorite game lately. He would hide in the clothes and I would act like I couldn't find him, until i would hear him laughing from behind a nearby rack. Well, after a couple of times, I think he got a little carried away and actually hid somewhere....kind of far...because I couldn't find him for a minute or so...when I heard it...

"Ashley Marx please report to Guest Services."

I am mortified. I really lost my kid?? What the heck are they going to think of me?? Who loses their own kid at Target!!!!?!? My mind is spinning. But at the same time I'm glad he's fine and he's safe...

I hurry up there... (it's not too far) and there's Matix chit chatting away with the worker. The first thing she tells me is, "boy you have a smart kid. He knew what your whole name was." (We've been practicing) But that was the last thing on my mind, honestly. I was kinda laughing because I knew he wasn't really lost, but boy was I embarrassed. Never will we be playing hid and seek in a public place again...and we have had a few talks about not going anywhere with strangers unless they are a worker! 

She said he was hiding with his movie and she asked who he was with he said his mommy, and then she asked where his mommy was and he replied, "I don't know, I'm hiding."

Cute Kid.

2 comments:

bayardo4life said...

Lol Matix is cute but definitely not fun for mommy!

Audrey Eells said...

ash this is so funny/cute! ahhh i can't wait to see you guys!!!!