Thursday, April 14, 2011

Knott's Berry FUN!

Last weekend we decided to take a last minute trip to California because Doug missed his family, and was aching to get in the ocean for a little surf session. I feel bad because before we started dating, Doug used to go home at least once a month, if not more. And, even though it seems like we go to CA a lot, it's not as much as he is used to. It doesn't help that he works weekends though, so I am not completely to blame  :) 

So we make the decision, get the time off work (him), invite his sister Robin (in Utah), and then we do the smart thing and check the weather. Rainy. Cold. Rainy. Cold. In other words crap crap crap. We (I) decide that rain+cold does not=a fun day at the beach so I suggest some alternatives to Robin...one alternative being Knott's Berry Farm. Who freaking goes there? I have no idea, but it's cheap and awesome. (from what we can remember) We both get extremely excited...

...and then Doug got jealous. 
So basically our planned surf trip turned into a Knott's Berry Farm trip. Just.Like.That.





Let me just tell you..Knotts is the shizzzz.
It is the perfect mix of Disneyland and Six Flags.
It has Camp Snoopy with a whole land of kid-ness. 
But then it has all the big roller caster rides too.
Including Excellerator-that goes from 0-80mph in 2 minutes. Ridiculous.
And by ridiculous I actually mean awesome. 
You know what else is awesome? 
Doug's mom deciding to come with us at the last minute, only to find out that she doesn't even like roller coasters and just wanted to take Matix around for part of the day. It could not have been any more perfect. I owe her --big time. 
On the other hand, young, minority, junior high school couples who suck face through a 40 minute line are not awesome. They are gross. And I'm really happy we made them feel awkward with our commentary...for the whole 40 minutes we were behind them. 






 Oh....now let me tell you about "the eye." 
Poor Matix had a rough couple of days....well actually...just his eye did. He
-fell down the stair and hit it causing a bruise.
-got knocked into a wall by Doug's behind (on accident) and bumped his poor bruise.
-fell onto a rock in a like at Knott's, hitting it perfectly on his already super black, super bruised eye and cut it open.
My poor child looked abused by the end of the trip. 
Good thing it looks worse than it hurt. He said it hurt but he never complained. 
I think he mostly like the attention he got and telling and re-telling the stories :)





Sunday was filled with church, baking, and family dinner at Doug's brother's house in Rancho Cucamonga. Robin loved having Matix's help with baking a cake...


 ....and Matix didn't mind helping ;)





It was the first time the whole family had been together in a while...so we snapped a couple cute family pictures. Yes. Doug and his brothers all look very much alike. Sometimes even the kids confuse them....jk.


Kim, Katelyn, Jeff, Jimmy, Mark, Ann-Marie, Doug,
Robin, Dean, Christian, Debbie, Sidney, David
Yet again, it was another fun-filled California weekend. 
It's no wonder Matix always asks to go to California.
 :)


PS: The weather ended up not being rainy or crappy, just a little on the chilly side, but nothing to complain about. 
Oh, and we had dinner Saturday night with the besties, Zach and Steph. They made us some bomb food and then we played Bananagram...all night. It was perfect. I love them.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Ok, I know I'm commenting on every post, but I can't help it because I'M OBSESSED with knott's!! I forced Jeff to take me in the fall and we went on a wednesday and it was the best day of my life. we were like the only people there. My family has always been a knott's fam and not disneyland folk. because it's the bomb. I could ride the Excelerater all day err day. and supreme scream. ahh I'm jealous right now.